The Casa Grande City Council unanimously approved the zoning for a future theme park right here in Arizona! Dreamport Villages will be a $4 billion investment from Florida based, Block Sports Company. Located on over 1500 acres near the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 8. The completion of the entire project is estimated to take 7-10 years. Good news for the local economy is that it could create up to 15,000 jobs. The park will feature an extreme sports area offering exotic car driving experiences, an indoor water park, 300 room hotel, wildlife animal park, 420,000 square foot marketplace, and even a movie studio! This exciting experience hopes to unveil as soon as 2024!
According to the report, here are the attractions the project could bring to Arizona:
– An “Extreme Sports Park” called “The Block” that will feature exotic car driving experiences, Go-Kart tracks, zip lines, rock climbing, and a 12-acre lake with “two wakeboard cable systems.”
– An indoor water park and 300-room resort hotel with indoor meeting space
– The Wild will be an animal-themed amusement park with animals and rides, including canoe rides, a carousel, and a log flume. It will also have animals, animal shows and a 300-room hotel.
– The marketplace will feature up to 420,000-square-feet of restaurant, retail and office space. It will surround the 12-acre lake that will have water taxis to get around.
– A convention center and RV park are even included in the plans.