“Your Chance to win $100,000” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment does not increase your chances of winning. Open to legal residents of Arizona who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited.
1. Prizes. After winning a prize valued over $1,000, winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize over $600. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted.
2. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. 88.7 KPNG-FM The Pulse/East Valley Institute of Technology is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the social media or phone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching 88.7 KPNG-FM The Pulse/East Valley Institute of Technology listeners can call the 88.7 KPNG-FM The Pulse/East Valley Institute of Technology contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the 88.7 KPNG-FM The Pulse/East Valley Institute of Technology judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of 88.7 KPNG-FM The Pulse/East Valley Institute of Technology. In the event of a technical difficulty, Pulse Radio reserves the right to award prize to a randomly selected entrant from the immediately available prior Entry Period pool, except that any such entrant who was awarded the prize for such Entry Period will be excluded. Given the volume of participation, contestants may experience an inability to access website to enter. Due to delays in the online streaming of the Pulse’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Pulse for the songs of the day on-air. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for online streaming delays of any nature.
4. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
5. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website, in person at the Station’s studios1601 West Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85201 between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday thru Friday or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
1. PROMOTION DATES
A. These rules govern the Pulse Radio “Your Chance to Win $100,000” Contest (“Promotion”), which is being conducted by Pulse Radio. The Promotion, known as “Your Chance to win $100,000” will begin on Monday, April 2, 2018, and will run through Saturday, June 2, 2018, weekdays between the hours of 7:00 a.m. MDT and 7:00 p.m. MDT (the “Promotion Dates”).
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
A. The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Arizona who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void everywhere else and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Pulse Radio, the East Valley Institute of Technology, Students of the radio/audio production program, and Promotion sponsors (if any), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, the Stations’ advertising and promotion agencies, and participating sponsors or prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), other radio stations in the metropolitan areas of the participating stations and the members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Pulse Radio, which are final and binding in all respects, and entrant agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
B. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Pulse Radio will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Pulse Radio will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
C. This contest is limited to one entrant per immediate family to include spouse, children, and/or parents of the entrant. Multiple entrants from any immediate family will result in disqualification.
D. Your chance to win $100,000 contest is independent of any other Pulse Radio contest and does not disqualify you from entering if you’ve won any other prize on the station in the past 30 days. Entering this contest also will not disqualify you from winning any other Pulse radio contest.
3. ENTRY- There will be 88 total entrants in the contest. 44 will qualify by phone, and 44 by social media.
A. To enter listen to the Station during the Promotion Dates for the Station’s announcement of the “$100,000 song of the day” This announcement will be made between 7a-730am MDT Monday–Friday. At this time, the on-air personality will announce the hour of which the “Song of the day” will play again that day. When the song is played again that day, the station will solicit for caller number 8 at 480-655-8870. Caller number 8 will then receive 1 of 44 entries to a grand prize drawing at a chance to win $100,000. Throughout the day, disc jockey’s or recorded promos will remind people what song they are to listen for that day, however, they will not repeat the exact hour in which it will be played.
The 44 social media entrants will qualify by participating in various social media opportunities that may include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SnapChat. This may include sharing, commenting, liking, and reposting, or a call to action that requires your participation using social media platforms. The social media entrants will not be limited to choosing one winner a day. Multiple social media winners may be chosen on any given date and there may be some dates that no social media winners will be chosen. The total number of social media qualifiers will be no more and no less than 44.
1. Each morning at approximately 715am MDT Morning Beat hosts Steve and Jeff, or any fill-ins, will announce and play the “$100,000 song of the day” at the completion of that song, they will then announce the hour later in that same day between 7am MDT and 7pm MDT that the song will play again. When that song is played again, the 8th caller will be solicited at 480-655-8870. Social media entrants will also receive a qualifying prize once they have been randomly selected from participating in a social media call to action contest. Social media contest will be created at the discretion of Pulse Radio and its management. Any data a potential entrant may use in the process of qualifying for a Pulse Radio contest will be the responsibility of the potential entrant. Standard text and data messaging rates may apply.
2. Those entrants, along with the social media entrants, totaling 88 entrants will be awarded with a qualifying prize that may include Dutch Bro’s drinks, Krispy Kreme donut certificates, and /or tickets to concerts or events.
3. All 88 entrants will be required to be present at Gravity Extreme Zone on Kyrene Road and Loop 202 in Chandler on Saturday, June 2 at 9am. Must be present to win. Each of the entrants will receive a Pulse prize pack with various Pulse Promotional goodies/certificates and/or coupons. Entrants that are not present will forfeit any prize package awarded on this day and their entry into the “Your Chance to Win $100,000” song of the day drawing. These prize packages and the entry into the drawing are non-transferrable. The winner must provide a Driver’s License or state issued ID to verify they are the entrant who qualified prior to June 2nd.
4. Each entrant who is present and whose identification has been verified will be represented in a drawing of all entrants present. That drawing will take place at approximately 11am MDT on Saturday, June 2, 2018. One entrant will be drawn at that time. If present, that entrant will join the host on stage for their chance to win $100,000.
5. On the stage will be 100 white envelopes. The contents of the envelope include one piece of paper representing a predetermined prize money amount. 99 of the envelopes will contain a piece of paper that reads $1,000 (One Thousand Dollars). One of the envelopes will contain a piece of paper that reads $100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Dollars). The entrant will be selected by random draw and only that entrant will select 1 of the 100 envelopes. The entrant will be awarded the dollar amount represented inside of the envelope that they select. Once the envelope is selected, they are not to open it until they are instructed to do so by the contest host. The smallest prize in this contest is $1,000. The maximum prize in this contest is $100,000. Once the envelope is selected and any attempt is made to open the envelope, the envelope cannot be exchanged, returned or transferred.
Only one cash prize will be awarded. The cash prize will either be $1,000 awarded as a check in the amount of $1,000, payable to the prize winner upon confirmation of eligibility by Pulse Radio and The East Valley Institute of Technology (EVIT). OR one $100,000 cash prize which will be awarded as a check in the amount of $100,000 payable to the prize winner from Odds on Promotions upon confirmation of eligibility by Pulse Radio and EVIT.
No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. Each cash prize will be issued as a check payable to the order of the prize winner upon verification of eligibility and upon timely receipt of all completed prize winner paperwork. Checks will be processed and mailed within four to eight weeks upon verification of eligibility and receipt of all completed prize winner paperwork. All taxes, including but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. The prize winners will each be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their respective prize(s). Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted except at the sole discretion of Pulse Radio.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
A. Decisions of Pulse Radio with respect to the Promotion are final.
B. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited.
A. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of the prize. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize.
B. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s permission for Pulse Radio, the Station, to use in commerce, advertising and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize won, hometown (city and state), voice, likeness, and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion, its sponsor(s), Pulse Radio, the Station, and any other participating stations for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or any additional financial or other compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law. To the extent not prohibited by law, winners also agree to provide Pulse Radio with an interview, which may be used in connection with the Promotion.
C. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and prize delivery. Further, prize winners agree to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion.
D. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at Pulse Radio’s discretion. Pulse Radio’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Pulse Radio, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process or the operation of any of the participating stations’ websites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Pulse Radio, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject entries from any source, and to disqualify any person or persons who Pulse Radio believes is tampering with the entry process in any way, including but not limited to attempts to manipulate the mobile or website entry systems or entry process in order to increase the odds of winning, or for any other fraudulent activity designed to affect the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the rules or of any applicable law or regulation. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Pulse Radio may seek prosecution of and/or damages from any person who attempts to damage any station website or to tamper with the operation of this Promotion. Pulse Radio further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Pulse Radio’s control, including force majeure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by Pulse Radio in is sole discretion. Pulse Radio’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Pulse Radio, including any force majeure event or other event of local or national importance, any segment of the Promotion is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Pulse Radio reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
E. Contestants understand, acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from the rejection of an entry given Pulse Radio’s belief that the contestant was abusing or tampering with the Promotion entry process in any manner or due to any technical malfunction of the telephone or network transmission line or any entries that are late, delayed, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, corrupted or otherwise not in compliance with the rules or applicable law.
F. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone or text message service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; (v) misdirected, misdialed, incomplete, incorrect, or late mobile or website entries; and (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
Pulse Radio reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision set forth on the Promotion webpage, then the provision of these Official Rules will prevail but solely to the extent of the inconsistency.
Failure to comply with the Promotion rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Pulse Radio.
Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. Arizona law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
Copies of the Official Rules or for a list of winners following completion of the Promotion (specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to Pulse Radio’s Your Chance to Win $100,000 Promotion Winner List or Official Rules Request, Pulse Radio, 1601 W. Main St. Mesa, AZ 85201. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winners (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station at 1601 W. Main St. Mesa, AZ 85201 and at the Station’s webpage at PulseRadio.FM. All such requests must be received within 60 days following completion of the Promotion.
SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Pulse Radio, 1601 W. Main St. Mesa, AZ 85201