The East Valley Institute of Technology is hosting a six-day Virtual EVIT Expo in April to showcase career training opportunities available for high school students and adults. Different programs will be featured each night from 5 to 7 p.m. April 6-8 and April 13-15.
EVIT was unable to host its annual Expo open house in January due to COVID-19 restrictions. The virtual event will give students and parents the opportunity to see EVIT facilities and interact with EVIT instructors as they learn more about programs offered. Recruiters Blair Howland and Cassi Perez will host each expo session.
The ability to use Zoom on a computer or mobile device is required to attend these virtual events. Registrants can sign up for as many sessions as they wish by visiting www.evit.com/expo.
Here’s the schedule:
• Tuesday, April 6 – Dental Assistant, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Occupational Therapy Aide, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Technician, Practical Nurse, Sterile Processing Technician, Surgical Technology and Veterinary Assistant
• Wednesday, April 7 – Coding & Mobile App Design, Criminal Justice, Digital Device Diagnostic & Repair, Emergency Medical Technician, Fire Science and Networking & Cyber Security
• Thursday, April 8 – Aesthetics, Banking, Barbering, Behavior Mental & Social Health Services, Commercial Baking & Pastry Arts, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Early Childhood Education, Hospitality Management and Massage Therapy
• Tuesday, April 13 – Construction Technologies, Electrical & Power Transmission Installation, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Machining Technology, Plumbing and Welding
• Wednesday, April 14 – Automotive Technologies, Aviation, Collision Repair, Diesel Technologies and Future Engineers
• Thursday, April 15 – 3D Animation, Fashion Design & Merchandising, Graphic/Web Design, Interior Design & Merchandising, Radio/Audio Production and Video Production
EVIT offers over 40 career training programs at two central campuses in Mesa and a branch campus at Apache Junction High School. Training is tuition-free for high school students. Adults pay tuition, with financial aid available in some programs for those who qualify.
EVIT students have a 98 percent high school graduation rate, 2 out of 3 go on to college and approximately 94 percent are in jobs, college or the military within a year of completing their training.
Request more information: https://weareevit.formstack.com/forms/student_interest_form